Did you know that 43% of engagements occur between the months of November through January? In honor of Proposal Season, here are 26 universal truths about getting engaged!
1. What you think you'll look like when it happens:
2. What you may actually look like (#fail):
3. Take heart, the end result is the same:
4. The moment he says he wants to spend the rest of his life with you:
5. Instead of elation, you're thinking "Wait, is he just being cute or does this mean....?" (Cue nervous giggles.)
6. Immediately, the suspense becomes unbearable:
7. He's bending down!
8. But you brace yourself in case he's just tying his shoe:
Whether you're a first-time bridesmaid, or have 27 dresses hanging up in the back of your closet, it's good to keep in mind bridal-party faux pas, so we chatted with real brides to find out their pet peeves. Here are nine things you didn't realize were annoying the bride in your life, plus practical tips for avoiding these mistakes.
1. Being MIA
Why it's annoying: By not responding to emails, missing showers, or skipping out on favor-making night, you are slacking on your duty to support the bride and might make her regret asking you in the first place.
How to avoid it: You don't need to drop everything else in your life to be a bridesmaid, but you should make it a priority. It doesn't take much effort to reply enthusiastically to her emails with wedding details, and if you can't make a shower or bachelorette party, go the extra mile and send along a gift or card after picking up the phone to tell her why you won't be able to make it.
Although many brides and grooms take up to a year and a half to organize their weddings, other couples want to make it snappy.